Building Department

Certified Chief Building Official, Daniel F. Marinucci

Contact Information:

Hours of operation: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Phone: 440.232.9980      Fax: 440-232-5874


We are located at 23035-B Broadway Avenue, Oakwood Village, OH 44146 (in the Oakwood Village Community Center).


  • Professional Structural Engineer
  • Attorney-at-Law
  • Certified  Building Official
  • Certified Plans Examiner
  • Certified Residential Building Official
Lillie Hicks – Office Manager/Secretary to the Chief Building Official
  • Building Department Budget
  • Daily Operations of the Building Department

Housing Inspector – Crystal A Williams

Contact: 440.232.9980



  • Residential Appraiser


Vacant & Foreclosed Property Filing Form


Lillie Hicks – Office Manager/Secretary to the Chief Building Official

Debbie Stoffl – Board Secretary

Board Meeting Requirements

All applications shall be in writing and filed with the Board Secretary for placement on the meeting agenda,

Property owner is required to be in attendance at the meeting.

The charge for submitting plans is as follows:

Planning Commission   (PC)                                         (See  1101.01)

  1. $250.00- Fences, ground signs, lot splits or any other matters requiring review by one professional
  2. $500.00- One family dwellings, or matters requiring review by more than one professional
  3. $2,500.00- All other commercial buildings or subdivisions


Architectural Board of Review  (ABR)                   (See 1140.07)

  1. $20.00 Non-Refundable, for new single family residential construction
  2. $100.00 for signs
  3. $200.00 for new single family residential / commercial/industrial construction where professional reviews are required


Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA)                                   (See 1143.04)

When submitting plans for reviews, the following is required where applicable*:

  • PC / ABR Application
  • Building Application
  • Building Plan / Site plan drawn to scale
  • Topographic Survey
  • Tree Preservation Plan
  • Landscape Plan
  • SWP3 Plan
  • Hard copies of your plans.

*This process will be set up thru the Board Secretary after you discuss your plans.

Back to menu

Questions & Answers

What is a permit?

A permit is a license to perform work

Why is a permit required?

For safety! A permit insures that a qualified inspector will check the work.

What type of work requires a permit?

Any structural work or changes, remodeling and renovation, changes or apitions to plumbing, electrical or heating-cooling systems and any new construction. A permit is also required for the installation of a fence or the replacement of an existing fence. You do not need a permit for painting, landscaping or decorating. If in doubt, call the Building Department.

Who can take out a permit?

Any contractor that is property registered with the city or any homeowner performing work themselves. The person(s) name on the permit is the one responsible for the work.

What if I want to have a garage sale?

Just come to the Building Department and fill out an application and you will be permitted to have a garage sale. The permit is free. You are allowed to have two garage sales per year. Each sale is not to exceed six days within a two week period.

What if I want to sell my home?

A point of sale inspection is required and you must call for an appointment. Our Housing Inspector, Davie Hobson will inspect your home for code violations. The violations must be corrected or assumed by the buyer before an Occupancy Certificate can be issued.

If you have any question that is not answered here please phone the building department at 440-232-9980 during regular business hours Monday through Friday.

Daniel Marinucci, Chief Building Official
Crystal A Williams, Housing Inspector
Lillie Hicks, Office Manager/Secretary to the Chief Building Official
Debbie Stoffl, Board Secretary
Back to menu